LIVE MUSIC, PRESENTATIONS, PANEL DISCUSSION, WORKSHOPS, GALLERY OPENING, PRIZES, SILENT AUCTION, DANCE PARTY
Join Only Green Design this March 8th and 9th to cultivate a positive and collaborative response to issues of pollution, community disintegration and lack of fresh engagement in design/build processes.
Upcycle Santa Fe will feature educational presentations to demonstrate some of the vast alternatives found in the creative reuse (upcycling) of wasted materials, and a panel discussion entitled Culture at the Crossroads.
Come make rehabilitation a celebration, participate in an open source exchange of knowledge and materials to empower at the grassroots level, and support Only Green Design’s Ecological Design Education projects.
March 8th, 5:30 – 8:00 pm – $10 – Center for Contemporary Arts, 1050 Old Pecos Trail
- 5:30 – 6:00 – Opening Reception with lite fare, libations, and live music from Matthew Andrae
- 6:00 – 6:15 – South African Trash to Treasure Festivals with Joseph Stodgel
- 6:15 – 6:30 – ·Only Green Design· in Kosovo with James Stodgel
- 6:30 – 7:00 – Alexi Dzurec of Autotroph Design – International Relevance to Local Design Applications
- 7:00 – 8:00 – Axle Contemporary’s Mobile Gallery N(o)stalgia Opening in front of CCA
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Live Music with Alamo Sun
March 9th, 10am – 5pm – Warehouse 21, 1614 Paseo De Peralta
- UPCYCLE OGD Shipping Pallet Art Installation!
- 10:00 – 10:30am – Morning Presentations by James and Joseph Stodgel
- 10:30am – 12:00pm – Panel Discussion – Culture at the Crossroads of Art, Design, and Agriculture with Brian Skeele of Sustainable Santa Fe, designer Alexi Dzurec of Autotroph Design, farmer Jennie London of Northern New Mexico College, and artist Jerry Wellman of Axle Contemporary.
- Multimedia Gallery Opening featuring the works of Scuba Hi, Axle Contemporary, Cha Maul, and more!
- 1:00 – 4:00pm – Concurrent Workshops On the Hour – Upcylcing, Green Design/Build, Composting
- Upcycle Marketplace Featuring Local Artisans and Craftspeople
- 4:00 – 5:00pm – Live Entertainment from Alamo Sun and Awards Ceremony
March 9th, 7pm-12am – The Zia Diner, 326 S Guadalupe St
- 7pm-9pm – Soiree/Silent Auction featuring works by Scuba Hi, Axle Contemporary, and Cha Maul. Music by Jenny Antill and John Black, Noah Devore and Alohi
- 9pm-12am – $5 All Ages Dance Party with Zen Tempest, DJ Prairie Dog and DJ Infektor