In April of 2018 Upcycle Santa Fe constructed an upgraded version of the standard wooden, leverage driven, 2-cubic ft. plastic-bale producing press that we originally built with the inventor Harvey Lacey in 2014. Key upgrades included:
- laminated (glued and clamped) sideboards and door
- full stain of all non-glued wood
- longer compression rod to be able to compress a 1 ft. x 1 ft. bale without the need for a block to be placed on top of the compression plate
- shorter legs on the top of the press to prevent door from falling while inserting plastic-filled bags
- inset door jam with chiseled hinge spaces
We look forward to sharing the exact measurements and specs of this new press ASAP. If you are interested in purchasing a press in the United States please click over to our Shop page.